I love my husband!

I love my husband!

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pecan Pumpkin Cheesecake

This is my all time favorite Thanksgiving dessert. My cousin, Samantha "Sam", came over last night to help me make it. Here it is:


**This recipe makes 2 cheesecakes**
What you need:


Crust
1 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup butter, melted

Pumpkin Mixture:
2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
1/3 cup water
2- 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon allspice
2 1/2 cups canned or cooked pumpkin
2 cups whipping cream, whipped

To make crust: Combine pecans, graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Press onto bottom of 9-inch pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes. Let cool



To make pumpkin mixture: Soften gelatin in water; stir over low heat until dissolved. Combine cream cheese and sugar; mix at medium speed until well blended. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and pumpkin; mix at medium speed until blended. Gradually add gelatin to cream cheese mixture and mix until blended. Chill cream cheese mixture until slightly thickened, about 20 minutes. While chilling, prepare whipping cream. Fold in whipped cream; pour over crust. Chill until firm.



Hope you enjoy our family favorite!!

No comments: