I love my husband!

I love my husband!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Venting and Animal Pictures

First, let me tell you all that I LOVE working with pre-school children. Especially pre-school children with Autism. I have been thinking a lot about this and I talked to my supervisor who agreed to allow me to specialize in pre-school kids with Autism. Next year I will be working in a class with kids 3-5 years old with Autism, as well as kids 3-5 with other disabilities. I have really felt that is God is calling me to do this and that I would be really good at it.

Now to the venting....

Last week I went to my monthly Bunco group. It is a group of mostly Speech Therapists from several different school districts as well as teachers, diagnosticians, etc. One of the regular girls was out so another girl brought her friend who is a Speech Therapist in a different district. I mentioned that I want to primarily work with Autistic children and her chin dropped and then she let out a huge gasp. She told me that I would regret it for the rest of my life, the parents are "crazy" and are always filing lawsuits, and that she did it for 1 year and never wants to do it again. She said it is not the kids, but the parents that make that job unbearable.

This got me thinking....What if this isn't for me? What if someone sues me? What if I can't take it emotionally? What will I do if parents yell at me? I can't help but be angry with this woman for bringing all of these doubts into my mind. Last week I was so sure about what I wanted to do, and now I'm just filled with doubt. Any advice?


I thought I would cheer myself up by taking pictures to post of all of my animals! Here they are:

Nala

Molly
Baby

Kitty

No comments: